The Licensing Executive Society will celebrate its 50th year in 2014 holding education and networking meetings for patent and other IP holders and investors.
The dates are October 5 to October 8 in San Francisco. The 2014 theme is “Advancing and Enhancing Business Development, Deals & Innovation”
- Interactive cross-sector plenary session featuring the “Titans of Licensing”
- LES’s most popular recurring workshop, “Top 10 Court Decisions of the Year Affecting Licensing”
- Keynote Address by Quentin Hardy, Deputy Technology Editor for The New York Times
- Keynote Address by Andrea Ingram, Vice President, Education, Museum of Science and Industry, Home of The Center for the Advancement of Science Education who will discuss how we can inspire our kids to achieve their full potential in science, technology, mathematics and engineering so that we build the foundation for inventions and inventors of the future.
- 2 1/2 days of programming about issues impacting licensing today
- Interactive sessions for enriched learning opportunities
- Complimentary pre- and post-meeting education workshops on dealmaking topics
- Connect with your peers in a relaxed atmosphere during expanded breaks and other networking events
LES SF meetings have been particularly noteworthy in terms of subject matter, attendance and for the many Bay Area/Silicon Valley business, venture capital and private equity investors it attracts.
Your roving IP CloseUp reporter, Bruce Berman, is currently scheduled to speak on Tuesday, October 7 at 2:00. The topic:
Pubic IP Companies (PIPCOs):
Understanding their Impact on Innovation and Patent Value
My co-panelists are Mark Argento, Senior Equity Analysts at Lake Street Capital; Joe Beyers CEO of Inventergy (NASDAQ: INVT, a PIPCO privateer) and former Director of Patent Licensing for H-P; and Doug Croxall, CEO of Marathon Patent Group (OTC: MARA), which counts Erich Spangenberg among its lead investors.
IP CloseUp readers attending this year’s LES annual at the Marriott Marquis, please stop by and say hello. It has the all the earmarks of a special event. More than 1,200 are expected to attend.
For more information about the 2014 LES annual meeting, including registration, click here.
Image Source: rentcafe.com; lesusacanada.com